Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The First Day of My Ultimate Reset

Monday, March 31, 2014

I began the first morning of my Beachbody Ultimate Reset by weighing myself, then took my Optimize supplements with 16 oz of distilled water. The Reset comes with 6 different supplements, including Mineralize, which is basically Himalayan salt, a pretty pink salt. I take the different supplements at specific times throughout the day, and I found that setting alarms on my phone really helps! I have to wait a certain amount of time after taking Optimize before I can eat my meals, so I use that time to prepare my meals.

Distilled Water

The guide recommends putting a certain amount of shakes of Himalayan salt in 12-36 oz of distilled water, but they also give the option to put a 1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt in a gallon, then shake it up, and that's what I do, to make it easier. Also, pretty much all of the baking I do that involves water, I use distilled water. Distilled water is basically cleansed of all the stuff that is in regular tap water (which, believe or not, is also what's in most bottled waters that you buy at the store). It contains pretty much only the oxygen and hydrogen molecules that make up water! Even a Brita and other brands of pitcher filters are not purifying enough, and they recommend that, if you do have to get water from another source (because you're traveling, or you run out of distilled water before you have a chance to go to the store), you use a reverse osmosis or carbon filtration connected to your faucet, and that you use it sparingly.

I went through a whole gallon of distilled water today , because they recommend that you take your total weight, in pounds, divide it by 2, and that's the minimum amount of ounces of water you should be drinking each day. I think I still need to drink more water, because my lips are fairly chapped. Water is a big deal, because it is so good for your body in so many ways!

Over the past few weeks, snacking has become a thing for me. The problem with this, is that I was over-snacking! I would constantly be visiting the kitchen, and I really saw that today, as I'm trying to limit myself to 1 snack per day. I must have visited the kitchen 10 times yesterday, and temptation was really there; enticing me to grab a little handful of this or that! I prevailed though, and stuck with it the entire day, it just took a little will power, and remembering what I was doing. Also during times like this, I also remind myself that it is only for 21 days, which helps me focus a little bit more.
 
Yummy Food!

I purchased the bulk of my produce (for the first 6 days) on Sunday, and let me tell you, I am going to be consuming so much healthy goodness (more than I really ever have in my entire life) over the next 21 days!


The meal plan is actually pretty delicious, although I think I will be reducing how much Wakame seaweed I add to my miso soup! The program is set up into 3 phases: Reclaim, Release, and Restore, with the first phase allowing for meat, while in the second stage, I will be eliminating meat and dairy, and by the third stage, I will primarily be eating a vegan diet. In each phase, you can mix or match (within the meals from that phase) what you want to have on a specific day. I stuck with the meal plan for today's meals, and will probably continue to do so for tomorrow's. It just makes it a little easier that way!

My favorite meal was dinner, which consisted of steamed asparagus, baked salmon, and baby potatoes. It was delicious!


I ended the day with some restorative yoga, which involved deep breathing and light yoga stretches! Unfortunately, I think I spent too much time on the computer studying last night, so it was a little harder to fall asleep, but I am feeling a bit more rested in the mornings! (As I am actually writing this Wednesday morning :) )

I'm keeping a journal, because I think it's so important for the next couple of weeks to continue to journal throughout the day! It helps me unpack, so to speak, everything that is going on, especially the feelings I experience. It makes me feel as though I burden is released; like I've told a good friend my problems, and I don't need to hold on to them as much!

You can see what I did to start preparing for my Ultimate Reset, by clicking here, for a previous blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment