Friday, April 4, 2014

Day 2 of My Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Tuesday

It was day 2 of my Beachbody Ultimate Reset, Tuesday, and last night I went to bed around 10 pm last night, because I was pretty tired. I was however refreshed in the morning, and had no problems waking up at 5:50 this morning (which hasn't been that easy in awhile)!

I noticed that my desire to snack was different from Monday's! I wasn't visiting the kitchen wanting to eat all the food like I was on Monday. I did, however need two snacks today, since I had to make it through a long lab. Another thing I've noticed is how chapped my lips have been, which I'm trying to combat by drinking more water. It's a little bit of a challenge at times, but I'm working on it! I'm experiencing fewer headaches than I did yesterday, too! I finished off another gallon of water today!

Meal planning has been a little bit of a challenge, since some of the meals require a bit of work. I was so ravenous when dinner came around, because I was trying to get my black beans soaked. I think they may be a little too old, though, so I swapped them with pinto beans. Then, when I was trying to get the rice cooked, all the water boiled off, so I had to add more, which usually results in more mushy rice. Another thing that delayed dinner, was that I had to change my son's infusion set. It's a needle, tubing, and insulin reservoir that connects to his insulin pump. It takes about 15 minutes, so by the time I sat down to eat, it was 8 pm! It's a good thing I'd chosen to have a snack at 4 pm!

I mowed my dinner down, and completely forgot to take a picture of my meal, Southwestern Veggie Taco. It was delicious, with corn, rice, beans cooked in chili powder, coriander, olive oil, Himalayan salt, and cumin, mashed avocado, and salsa on a corn tortilla. Delicious!

I'm keeping up with my journaling, even though I'm behind with my blog posts! It is helping when times get tough! I'm going to keep on keeping on. Unfortunately, I found out that my mom got the flu, so she'll be a week behind me when she starts up on Saturday. It still helps to text message her, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment