Monday, April 28, 2014

About Half way through my Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Day 10, Wednesday

Breakfast

Fresh fruit plate for breakfast with kiwi, honeydew melon, raspberries, half a banana, and a kind of mango that I've never had before. It was a bit smaller than a regular mango. I sprinkled cinnamon, which made breakfast even more delicious! (Here is where I tell you that I haven't entirely watched the DVDs that came with the program. If I would have already, I would have learned that banana and mango are not recommended for the Beachbody Ultimate Reset, because they are higher on the glycemic index. This means that they are converted to glucose more quickly, and therefore cause a quick, high blood sugar spike. This is not very healthy for the body. The guide gives recommendations for lower glycemic fruits, such as peaches, pears, and apples, but you can also look up 'glycemic index' on the internet to find a more extensive list).

I had a quick snack of pitted dates (another mistake, since these are high glycemic, as well), and a few apple slice before I ran to class. It's definitely nice to have pre prepared snacks in case of emergencies. The guide talks about meals that are easier, and take less time, to prepare for various reasons. After all, the Reset has many new recipes, some of which take quite a bit more preparation than others.

It is recommended that the Reset be done at a time in your life where you are able to commit to following the program verbatim. This ensures that you get the best results, and aren't hindered by extra stresses, such as travel where you aren't able to prepare more complex meals. I am practically washing dishes after every other meal, since I go through the majority of our measuring utensils. And that's saying a lot, since we have about 3 sets of both measuring cups and spoons! It's also nice to have some good quality skillets. We recently picked up some aluminum ones at Costco, and they are so easy to clean!


Lunch

I can't get over how filling the sweet potato and roasted red pepper bisque is! I had it for lunch, in addition to an entire Greek salad of romaine lettuce, a whole cucumber, a medium tomato, and 5 kalamata olives. It was delicious! I wasn't a fan of tomatoes before the Reset, but after eating them quite often, I'm able to tolerate them.

I didn't have a snack this afternoon (which was ok, since I had a snack earlier). Also, my lunch was late, and I didn't finish eating until 1:30, so I wasn't starving when dinner came.

Sweet potato and Roasted red pepper bisque

Dinner

The quinoa-lentil salad and steamed broccoli were yummy for dinner. I made a double batch of the salad, since I'll be having it again tomorrow. It definitely saves on time to look ahead for the next days meal, and see if you can cut preparation time by doubling some recipes.

I went to bed hungry, and was actually hungry a few hours before, so I had a cup of white tea, which helped a little. White tea has one of the lowest caffeine contents. When you look for teas, look for 'caffeine-free,' not 'decaffeinated.' 'Decaffeinated' teas have usually gone through a chemical process to remove the majority of the caffeine, while caffeine-free tea has not gone through a chemical process.

By this point, I've already lost 4 1/2 lbs, and I am stoked!!!
Are you ready to get support to prepare for summer with this amazing, gentle detox cleanse? Contact me, and I will answer your questions, and help you get started right!

No comments:

Post a Comment