Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 9 of My Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Tuesday

Breakfast

Mashed chickpeas with garlic and lemon wasn't too bad, but only filled me up for about 2 hours, and gave me garlic breath. If I didn't have to go to class and interact with other students, and if my husband didn't have to suffer my dragon breath, this would probably be ok. Also, if I could chew gum, I'd be able to cover it up, because brushing doesn't make the smell go away.

I will be having a snack before I go to lab, because I will be walking to and from class, and I never know how long the lab will go. I can't drink water in lab either, so I can't try to bed my appetite if I get hungry. I've already got my lunch prepared, since I won't have a whole lot of time to eat after dropping my husband off at work.

Lunch

I ended up not having enough time to finish my salad lunch, so I finished it after class. I must have been scatter-brained because I took my Alkalinize supplement at the wrong time. I also forgot to take a picture before I started eating my salad.


Dinner

The sweet potato red pepper bisque was amazing, and very filling. It's nice to look at the notes and suggestions in the guide to think about future meals, so I can easily throw together a double batch at that moment, instead of needing to make a dish again the next day.

Since it's kind of a hassle to pull out the barbeque that we own, I went ahead and used the oven on broil to "grill" the red pepper. I set the pepper on a pan, and being careful not to touch the heating coils, I waited until they were singed a little on both sides.

There is quite a bit of multitasking involved in many of the recipes, but it's fun trying new cooking techniques, recipes, and foods! While I was listening to the team call of one of the coach teams that I'm a part of, and while I was eating my soup, my asparagus was roasting in the oven (since I didn't realize that it was to be cooked in the oven until my soup was done. Very yummy asparagus it turned out to be! My hands still smell like ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment