Sunday, April 6, 2014

Day 3 of My Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Wednesday

I was a little tired this morning when I woke up, but it was mainly due to interrupted sleep. My husband does extra hours sometimes, coming home around 1 am. I'm usually able to sleep through him getting in bed, but this time I wasn't. I also spent way too much time on the computer before going to bed, which can also disrupt sleep. The computer time left my thoughts whizzing for an hour or more, before I was able to finally go to sleep. I do feel, however, still feel refreshed this morning, even if I am tired!

My refreshed feeling lasted through breakfast (scrambled eggs, steamed spinach, and toast), and a little while after, until I saw what I would be having for lunch and dinner: lentils and Nori rolls. I was willing to try both, for the sake that they'd be good for my body, but when lunchtime came, I hadn't planned out the production of the lentil-lime salad very well! When I read through the recipe, I realized that it was going to take 2 hours for the salad to marinate before I could eat it. Fortunately, the Reset allows flexibility between the week's meals, so I scoped out some other the other meals. I saw that the quinoa salad would take a few hours to marinate, as well, so it was nice to know for the future! Fortunately, I'd already had the Greek salad, so I knew I'd be able to throw it together fairly easily with the remaining salmon from Day 1.

After eating, I got the lentil-lime salad ready for the following day. Then, for dinner, I ended up swapping out the Nori rolls with stir-fried veggies. The stir-fried veggies were delicious cooked in sesame and coconut oil! The coconut oil left my lips feeling soft. The Nori gomasio that I put on the stir-fried veggies, however, was too fishy for my taste. Nori gamasio is a blend of sesame seeds and Nori seaweed. Also, the amount of dressing for the cucumber tomato salad I had with the stir-fried veggies, was a little strong. I would cut the ingredients measurements in half, if I make it again. It was delicious, just a little overwhelming!

Stir-fried veggies & Cucumber-tomato salad

My cat is certainly enjoying the foods I'm eating. After giving him a few tid bits of salmon from my Greek salad at lunch, he was stalking me for more fish at dinner, even though I only had the Nori gomasio. Seaweed is so fishy smelling!

The Reset guide talks about the first 3 to 5 days, being the hardest, and today was! I also thought I was doing better not fantasizing about eating everything in the kitchen, but I seriously almost cried when I was getting my son snack of chocolate bunny crackers!

No comments:

Post a Comment