Friday, March 28, 2014

How I'm Preparing For My Spring Reset

Beginning the Beachbody Ultimate Reset on March 31, 2014

I've talked about the Beachbody Ultimate Reset in past blogs, and about my desire to do it. A few weeks ago, I'd mentioned the Reset to my mom, when she spoke of having digestion problems. I'd also mentioned my desire to do the Reset in the future. Then, earlier this week, we went to visit my parents, and I found out that my mom had gotten both of us the Beachbody Ultimate Reset! I was stunned, and feel very spoiled. So, starting this coming Monday, March 31, 2014, my mom and I will be beginning Phase 1 of the Reset, Reclaim.

A Few Days in Advance

After I found out how badly my mom spoiled me, we began planning out how we would need to prepare for the coming 21 days. My mom and I made lists of the items we would need, and ordering some of the supplies from the Internet (which is one suggestion that Beachbody offers for those living in small towns, such as my mom's home of about 3, 300 people, and 2 grocery stores). We talked about how we would slowly wean ourselves off of coffee, since it is highly suggested that you don't drink caffeine during the Reset, because the Reset is about detoxing, not about adding more toxins. My mom and I also talked about keeping in contact every day, or at least every other day to talk about how we are doing. Because the Beachbody Ultimate Reset is such a life-changing experience, joining a support team, or finding support in family or friends, is recommended to ensure that needed support is available when temptation or other tough times arise.

On our way back home, my husband, son, and I went to an Asian Food Market to pick up a few of the items that we weren't able to find easily at a regular grocery store. While at the market, we browsed for various items, and came out with miso paste, which I'll be using to make Miso Soup & Ginger-Sesame-Miso Dressing. We also picked up a bamboo rolling map, which I'll be using to make Nori Rolls. The other items we found were nori seaweed, wakame seaweed, Mirin Japanese cooking wine, and a Kabocha squash. I realized after we were miles away, that the cooking wine contained corn syrup, which was one of the things that is recommended to make sure the cooking wine doesn't have. Thankfully, though, I was able to find some at Fred Meyer in the Asian cooking section, that doesn't have corn syrup in it. About the Kabocha squash, it's a product of Mexico, so I thought it might be found at a regular grocery store, but I didn't see it at Fred Meyer. I will look at Winco, but if I can't find it, and have to use it beyond the one I have, the Reset suggests substituting it with acorn squash (which is easier to find).

Kabocha squash

Sunday, the Day Before It Begins


Since quite a bit of the Beachbody Ultimate Reset consists of eating whole fruits and vegetables, I will be waiting until Sunday, the Day Before It Begins, to purchase the produce I'll need for the first 6 days. I will also be preparing some of the foods ahead of time. I'll be making brown rice, quinoa, various dressings, toasted pumpkin seeds, black beans, and lentils, as well as something called Nori Gomasio. I'm nervous, but also really excited, about starting on Monday!


Get YOUR Beachbody Ultimate Reset and get my support as your free, independent Team Beachbody Coach! How will you get ready for the rest of spring, summer, and the rest of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment