Friday, March 21, 2014

Fewer Excuses, More Results

Clean Eating

Yes, you can get good weight loss results simply by changing your eating habits; sticking to an 80/20 clean eating diet (not diet, as in calorie-counting, starving, guilt-ridden dieting). I've seen it over, and over, and over again. In fact, over 80 pounds have been lost  gotten rid of by 18 members in just 30 days of clean eating! If you want to know what an 80/20 clean eating diet is, it's 80% clean eating (check out another one of my blog posts to see what I mean by clean eating), and 20% of just about whatever you want. The 'whatever you want' could be during those holidays, birthday parties, or unexpected moments that call for a fast food trip, or a sweet treat fix.


Functional Fitness

Clean eating is a very valuable part to weight loss, and I do contribute the majority of the weight-loss from my clean eating groups and their healthier eating, some of the members incorporate exercise into their daily routine, as well. I'm a big proponent of exercise, because you can eat well and live well, but I want to eat well and live strong! I want to be fit, not thin. I desire ab definition, and a toned body. I believe in the importance of not only cardio, but weight-training (so you burn more calories), flexibility (so you don't strain your muscles and tendons), and balance (so you're less likely to fall, as you get older)! I love that Tony Horton (creator of P90X, P90X2, P90X3) stresses the importance of functional fitness, especially as we age (Tony's pushing 60, and he looks 40). You can choose to work for hours at the gym, hoping that you cover all the muscle groups and important aspects of fitness. OR you can snag a fitness program, without the hassle of a contract, monthly payments, traffic to get to the gym, daycare, old equipment, confusing equipment, scheduling, etc.


Fewer Excuses, More Results

What are you focusing on to get ready for Spring Break or warmer weather?
I'm on day 33 of P90X3, and I have decided on this motto: "Fewer Excuses, More Results." You can learn more about my journey, and see my results here, at a previous blog post! I'm not perfect; I still miss a work out here or there, but I haven't given up! Yes, it's hard. No, it doesn't get easier; you just get stronger. Are you ready to see how strong you can become? Think about the goals you want to achieve, and start today! One of my goals, after finishing P90X3, is to get certified to teach P90X before the end of the year! This time, last year, I had only heard of P90X, and never imagined completing it! Imagine where YOU could be this time next year!


Now, what's stopping you?

How do you want to get started?

Do you want some help?

I'd love to prove it to you that I want to help you reach your goals! I host free clean eating support groups on Facebook, where I'll give you 30 days of clean eats recipes, shopping lists, and clean eating tips. Also, if you want to get started with a fitness program that will work for you, I will help you get started right! www.beachbodycoach.com/iib4


No comments:

Post a Comment