Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 17 & 18 of My Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Wednesday, Day 17

Breakfast
 
Having fruit every day can kind of get boring, and I had planned on having Shakeology for breakfast this morning, but didn't feel like using the blender. I will probably have it for a snack later. Shakeology is allowed during the Beachbody Ultimate Reset, and is recommended as a breakfast or snack replacement. During this third phase, Restore, it's recommended to only have half a scoop of Shakeology. This stage focuses on reducing protein intake.

Lunch

Moroccan Carrot Salad with Spring Salad Mix
I loved the Moroccan carrot salad over spring salad mix for lunch! I was spicy thanks to the cayenne pepper. Now, I'm having vegan Tropical Shakeology for a snack. It's blended with distilled water (of course), but also a dash of coconut water, distilled ice, a few frozen strawberries, and peaches. It's got the consistency of a slushee! It's delicious, and I miss having my Shakeology every day!

One of the drawbacks of eating quite a bit of homemade dressings, is sometimes the amount of garlic that is often used. Now, I love garlic, but it seems to permeate the air around me. When I dropped my husband off at work, he told me I should stay away from the garlic. I used to solve this problem by chewing gum, but gum is out of the question right now. On the other hand, at least I know I'm getting the antifungal defense from all the garlic!

Dinner

Roasted Acorn Squash with Green Beans & Lemon
The Roasted Delicata Squash and green beans with lemon combined had a bit too much oil and lemon, but was still a good taste. I used an acorn squash instead of a delicata.












Thursday, Day 18

Breakfast
 
Fruit bowl was good this morning with red and green apples, strawberries, a banana (yes, higher glycemic, but I haven't eaten them often), 1/2 plum, honeydew melon, and cantaloup, blueberries, and raspberries sprinkled with cinnamon.

Spinach Salad
Lunch

Lunch was also good: spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, jicama, and creamy garlic dressing. I also had a baked yam with olive oil, Himalayan salt, and herbal seasoning. Delicious!









Dinner

Roasted Fennel Bulb with Lemony Asparagus and Broccoli
Dinner was surprisingly good: lemony broccoli and asparagus with roasted fennel bulb. Did you know that anise is another name for fennel? I could have saved money having known this ahead of time! Unfortunately, I don't think my fennel bulb was 1/2 lb, which was the recommended size. Nor do I think my broccoli was a medium head; more likely a large. I also almost didn't prepare enough asparagus. I weighed out the asparagus, because the guide thankfully included the weight in the ingredients list. However, they didn't include the weight of the broccoli.

Guest Blogger Coming Soon!
There will be a guest blogger, Jennifer Bottom (behindtherefrigeratordoor.blogspot.com), coming soon. She will be sharing about her journey through the Beachbody Ultimate Reset.

No comments:

Post a Comment