Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 13 of My Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Saturday

For the past 2 days, I've been waking up a few minutes before my alarm goes off. I don't know what that means, unless that's part of the Reset. I didn't even get a full 7 hours of sleep last night, either.

One of the hard parts about the Ultimate Reset is what to do when you attend events in other cities a ways away from home. It's even harder when you are traveling with someone who isn't doing the Reset, because when it comes time to eat, unless you've brought a lunch, you're probably eating at a restaurant.

Lunch

This morning, my upline coach and I went to what's called Super Saturday. It's sort of a training event for Beachbody coaches and those who want to learn about Beachbody. After the event was over, we headed to a BBQ restaurant, and I ordered a Caesar salad with the dressing on the side. It came with a delicious-looking corn muffin, a couple of croutons, and that was it! All for $8! The waitress brought it out to me. and announced it as a plate of lettuce. What a rip off salads are at restaurants, but I did what I needed to do. At least I had packed a serving of Mediterranean beets, which I ate along with my plate of lettuce.

Home! Now, to plan my shopping list for next week! I use pin and paper for planning out my lists. I write the name of the item I need, then as I go through the recipes, I put a tally or tallies next to each item. I also annotate how much of each item I already have.

One of the ingredients that I will need this coming week is hummus. It turns out that it isn't too hard to make. I made my own tahini for the recipe as well, and I will also need tahini for dinner tonight. Below are the recipes for the hummus and tahini. I chose to omit the lemon juice from the hummus. It was delicious!!! Making your own hummus may save you money, too, since you probably won't be having it more than once or twice for the rest of the Reset. So, you may consider making a smaller batch, too, unless you have someone available to finish it off for you. 

Homemade Lemon Hummus
Taste For Life test kitchen
Ingredients:
4 cups cooked garbanzo bean (chickpeas)
½ cup sesame tahini (see recipe below)
¼ cup olive oil
1/3 cup water
Juice of 2 to 3 lemons
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. paprika
salt and black pepper

Directions:
Combine beans, tahini, oil, water, lemon juice to taste, garlic, spices, & salt & pepper to taste in bowl of food processor or high-speed blender. Process until smooth & creamy, pausing to scrape sides w/ spatula. Chill until ready to serve.

Homemade Tahini
greek.food.com
Makes 1-1/2 cups
Ingredients:

2 cups sesame seeds
1/8 to ¼ cup canola oil

Directions: Spread sesame seeds on shallow baking tray, and cook at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes shaking pan frequently. Add sesame seeds to food processor with oil. Process to smooth paste (about 5 minutes), add more oil if needed for thick pouring consistency.
Store in fridge.



Dinner

Garlic Tahini-Filled Kabocha was a little strong, even though I realized afterward that I only used half of the tahini mix that the recipe called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment