Monday, May 19, 2014

Day 15 & 16 of My Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Monday, Day 15

Today, is the start of phase 3, Restore.

Breakfast

4 1/2 cups of fruit for breakfast, low glycemic, of course, for the remainder (1 more week + another week after) of my Beachbody Ultimate Reset.

Lunch

Miso soup and Asian Cabbage Salad for lunch. The salad was a little strong-tasting. I know that the next time I have it, I will be halving the amount of dressing I make for it. It was good, although strong.

Miso soup & Asian Cabbage Salad

Dinner

Dinner was a baked sweet potato and garlic veggies. I think my sweet potato was a little too big. Some of the ingredients the guide gives a size estimate in pounds for, but not the sweet potato. It would be more helpful to give ounce- or pound-wise measurements, rather than small, medium, or large, too. Obviously my sweet potato was a large one, but I ate it all anyway. I wasn't sure how hungry I would be in the morning if I didn't eat all my dinner, and it was a good meal! Oil, Himalayan salt, and herbal seasoning for the potato. Garlic, lemon juice, and Braggs Liquid Aminos for the garlic veggies.

Garlic Veggies & Baked Sweet Potato

Tuesday, Day 16

Breakfast

One thing I do when preparing my fruit for breakfast is add up the cups the guide recommends, so, just as I had yesterday, I'm having 4 1/2 cups of fruit for breakfast today.

Lunch
 
I had a snack of quinoa and avocado before class this morning, then a microgreen salad with pumpkin seeds and creamy garlic dressing for lunch. It was yummy, although I'm used to pairing my salad with another dish (as has been done for the past 2 weeks of the Reset.

Dinner
 
I ended up eating some of the apple slices that my son's daycare had for snack, when I went to pick up my son. This was cause for postponing my dinner. I had my supplements, then ate about 8 p.m., and I did a horrible job making my dinner! I added things at the wrong time and burned a few things. Even though the recipe called for the burner to be on high, it was too hot. The smoke detector went off!

Dinner was Asian stir-fry which called for coconut oil (which I love cooking with now), garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli, red bell pepper. bok choy, sesame oil, and Bragg Liquid Aminos. Now, the bok choy cracks me up, because when I finally got around to watching the DVDs that came with the program, I realized that the chef starred in the cooking class DVD, holds up the Napa cabbage and calls it bok choy. Well, it's funny to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment