Monday, April 14, 2014

Day 6 of My Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Saturday

Breakfast

Breakfast was a little less tasty than I wanted it to be, so I stirred up the apples, flaxseed, and oatmeal, then put it back in the microwave for another minute. The apples were slightly cooked, I added cinnamon, and it was delicious! The recipes for the Beachbody Ultimate Reset are very stove- and oven-intensive, but I'll occasionally use the microwave, especially for foods (like oatmeal) that I've been cooking for a long time in the microwave. This saves a little electricity and time. Most of the recipes call for water that is heated on the stove to boiling over medium heat. This takes quite a bit of time!

About an hour after I'd eaten my breakfast, I realized I'd forgotten to eat the yogurt that I was scheduled to have with my oatmeal, so I went ahead and ate it. It's sometimes difficult to remember each facet of the meal, as there is a lot of flipping back and forth between the meal plan for the day and the recipes in the back (I have, now heading into Phase 3 today, memorized a few of the recipes, so it's definitely gotten a little easier).

Oatmeal with apples & flaxseed

Lunch

I had my lunch all planned out in advance! I made the quinoa salad, which has, of course, quinoa, olive oil, Himalayan salt, Bragg Liquid Aminos, lemon juice, tomato, cucumber, kalamata olives, parsley, and mint leaves. I made the salad about 2 1/2 hours before I had planned on having it, then my parents arrived. I knew they were coming, but not the time. They came to celebrate my son's 6th birthday, so we ended up eating out for lunch, and I ended up having a salad pre-coated in vinaigrette dressing :( and it was just a head of lettuce! It was quite an excruciating meal, as my son had pizza, and it smelled amazing, especially on the walk back home after lunch (since I carried the leftovers home). I've never thought I had a weakness for any foods, but this cleanse is revealing how much I've liked the ability to eat whatever I wanted. This is not to say that I chose to eat everything junk all the time, but that I liked to eat a donut, pizza, or a couple of little cookies every now and then.

I did try a few bites of the quinoa salad I'd made earlier, but the taste of the mint was a little overwhelming. I saved it to have for tomorrow, so we'll see if marinating overnight will help to blend the flavors a little more evenly.

Dinner

Dinner was good, and was called Roasted Root Medley, as well as Zucchini-Cashew soup.

Roasted Root Medley

I'm definitely not perfect, and it's been nice having my husband and mom available for support. Even my son has reminded me not to give up. Last night, I had a banana before bed, because I was so hungry. This journey is stressful, but it will be worth it! If you want to take back your health, strengthen your will power, and begin to take control of your eating habits, this Reset has been doing this for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment